occheetos

Stage 2 - Confederation Line - Construction Updates

From the March 9th presentation and audio, it is mentioned the SJAM tunnel is longer, closer to 3KM. Did they mention in which direction it was extended?

Also it was said that the Moodie LMSF it would be one of the first "completed" item along the alignment by 2021-2022. I would not expect for the guideway to be built all the way there, so I guess it will remain empty until guideway is completed and certified? Since it is for light maintenance, I don't see it providing additional maintenance capacity if trains cannot reach it.

Regarding the East Extension: I do hope there will be a clear and ahead of time announcement regarding the Transitway overpass deconstruction / reconstruction. Within reason, I hope to find a way to be present and watch the process. Any word if it will be a quick bridge replacement similar to the Lees overpass? Geography wise, I don't think there will be a "great" spot to observe due to the ramps on either side, as elevation doesn't really match. I'll have to do some exploration on the site to get a better sense of whether or not it will be possible.

Posted (edited)

Highway 174 to fully close between Champlain Street and Tenth Line Road overnight on Saturday

A section of Highway 174 will close in both directions between Champlain Street and Tenth Line Road to remove signage. The westbound closure will start at 11 pm on Saturday, March 21 and will be in place until 6 am on Sunday, March 22. Eastbound lanes will be closed from 2 am until 9 am on Sunday, March 22.

Westbound lane reductions are scheduled to start at 10:30 pm on Saturday while eastbound lane reductions will start at 1:30 am on Sunday.

2020-526_highway174detourmap_east_en.jpg.2947440c226a0b1d13147edb992781e2.jpg2020-526_highway174detourmap_west_en.jpg.bc6d239fed3befda90004dc57a219084.jpg

Edited by DavidBellerive

Posted (edited)
On 2020-03-13 at 4:55 AM, DavidBellerive said:

From the March 9th presentation and audio, it is mentioned the SJAM tunnel is longer, closer to 3KM. Did they mention in which direction it was extended?

Also it was said that the Moodie LMSF it would be one of the first "completed" item along the alignment by 2021-2022. I would not expect for the guideway to be built all the way there, so I guess it will remain empty until guideway is completed and certified? Since it is for light maintenance, I don't see it providing additional maintenance capacity if trains cannot reach it.

Regarding the East Extension: I do hope there will be a clear and ahead of time announcement regarding the Transitway overpass deconstruction / reconstruction. Within reason, I hope to find a way to be present and watch the process. Any word if it will be a quick bridge replacement similar to the Lees overpass? Geography wise, I don't think there will be a "great" spot to observe due to the ramps on either side, as elevation doesn't really match. I'll have to do some exploration on the site to get a better sense of whether or not it will be possible.

They didn't mention in what direction it was extended, but I assume towards the east (towards Rochester Fields, Dominion). At the west end, it's already abutting Lincoln Fields Station. 

For Moodie Yard, I do as well wonder if/how it will be used after completion. The Transitway trench between Tunney's and Dominion will only start construction in 2021. I wonder if they might deliver a few of the new trains to Moodie in order to have a few on hand for testing along the west end alignment before the entire system is connected. Although Moodie will only be used for light-maintenance during regular operations, they might be able to do more during the testing period (like Belfast was used as an assembly plant for a few years even though that is not its final form, or how we towed a train west of the tunnel for testing of the west track before the tunnel became fully operational). 

I'm confused on how the Blair to 174 median will work. The hook under Blair Road seems quite sharp, which could slow down the train and increase maintenance cost. I wish they could have maintained the original alignment going straight under Blair. A cost-cutting measure of course. I would have thought that this underpass would have been an important piece for the future Cumberland Transitway. To be clear, I understand how the train will get from Blair to the median (though not the best way forward IMO), but I'm unsure how the Cumberland Transitway (or a future rail line) will get from Blair to south of the 174. 

For the 174 closure coming up this weekend (March 21-22), it's just to remove signage, and I assume replacing it with temporary signage? 

I hope Covid-19 will not be effecting construction progress along the line. So far so good as far as I can tell. 

Edited by J.OT13

Interview with Pat Scrimgeour - Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning - March 2020

In this video interview with Pat Scrimgeour, Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning, we discuss and get some context on the service being offered, improvements that have occurred and are planned, the arrival of Happy Goat Coffee Co., busking program, next bus arrival times, and Stage 2 LRT.

Please note, this interview was conducted earlier in the month of March.

https://www.otrainfans.ca/news/interview-with-pat-scrimgeour-director-of-transit-customer-systems-and-planning-march-2020

The portion regarding Stage 2 operations starts at approximately 22:40.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Highway 174 westbound to close between Trim Road and Tenth Line Road overnight on Saturday

A section of Highway 174 westbound will close in between Trim Road and Tenth Line Road to remove overhead signage, weather permitting. Westbound lane reductions are scheduled to start at 10:30 pm with the closure of all westbound lanes at 11 pm on Saturday, March 28. The closure will be in place until 9 am on Sunday, March 29.

The City of Ottawa is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and is in contact with the constructor about adhering to guidance provided by Ottawa Public Health and the Province of Ontario. Should there be any changes to this work, it will be communicated to the public.

image.png.ed185bdc8fa68dc1e906203fd6003652.png

Edited by DavidBellerive

Posted (edited)

For those of you who haven't had the chance to go all the way to Baseline, this is EWC's main base for the West extension. I presume there is a similar one for the East and South extension though I am not entirely sure where they are located.

As of Tuesday, there was still work going on along the extension and EWC seems to be already quite deployed along the entire length of the West extension.

Trees seem to have been removed entirely from Dominion to Baseline (haven't checked to Moodie though), and there is ground levelling going on as sites seem to become increasingly active. It will be interesting to see how much of an impact COVID-19 will have on progress and whether or not this will lead to delays, but EWC seems to be quite proactive already. I'll be in the area today and will try to get a bit more pictures if weather permits.

IMG_5594.jpeg

Edited by DavidBellerive

Drove by Moodie yesterday. Trees seemed to have been cleared and excavation started. Not very far along yet, but I'm sure it will be starting soon (depending on the Covid-19 impact).

In the east end, they've started work to shift the eastbound highway lanes south. No impact on traffic yet. The main base so far seems to be Montreal, where they are doing major work to replace the overpass and build the new station. Some work seems to be going on around Jeanne d'Arc to reconfigure the on/off ramps. Nothing yet east of Jeanne d'Arc as far as I can tell (I get off at Tenth Line, so I haven't seen Trim in a few weeks). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

c8703fd0-e673-4036-927f-03c7aa29c93f.jpg

Additional Tree and Vegetation Removals on OC Transpo Property at Connaught Avenue
April 2020

As part of preparatory works for construction of the O-Train West Extension, tree removals along future alignment are wrapping up in many areas.

In the area east of the future Queensview LRT Station, additional lands have been identified requiring tree and vegetation removal, highlighted in purple in the image below. This work will begin April 7th and be completed by April 15th 2020.

2bc36d38-8d0c-4f7a-a2bb-b34bc16caf2a.jpg

Legend
Blue: Tree removals already occurred
Purple: Additional tree removals required by mid-April 2020
Yellow: Lands within the project right-of-way

These removals are occurring to permit construction of a temporary driveway for OC Transpo buses later in 2020 (a design is not yet prepared). During construction of the cut and cover tunnel from Connaught Park to the future Queensview Station, the existing access for OC Transpo buses onto Connaught Avenue will be closed.

Bus volumes on Connaught Avenue will not change; Queensview Drive will remain the primary access point for OC Transpo operations.

Once conflicting construction is complete, the temporary driveway will be reinstated to greenspace, and access will be restored at the permanent location.

To learn more about past vegetation removals as part of the Stage 2 project, including mitigation and reinstatement, please visit this page: 
https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/public-engagement/projects/stage-2-lrt-confederation-line-tree-removal-0.

Edited by J.OT13

96cf556b-fe8a-4081-8ae4-733dc30e35eb.png

Construction Notice: Montreal Road Lane Reductions
April 2020

As part of the Stage 2 project, crews and equipment will be working on Montreal Road, at the Highway 174 interchange. Lanes will be reduced to one lane in each direction under the existing bridge in order to construct the new centre bridge piers. All on and off ramp movements will remain available, although some delays are expected. All pedestrians and cycling movements will be maintained.

WHAT: Montreal Road north side lanes will be closed to accommodate the work zone, and south side lanes will be used to accommodate bi-directional traffic. All on and off ramps will remain open, however one left turning lane on the Highway 174 eastbound off ramp will be closed.

The multi-use pathway on the north side will be closed, with pedestrians and cyclists directed to the new widened pathway on the south side.

WHEN: April 10th 2020, through to the summer.

WHY: Lane reductions are required to create a fenced off, safe work zone for various construction activities for the future Montreal Station, such as drill shaft use, construction of centre bridge piers, and bearings etc.

WHERE: Along Montreal Road between HWY 174 eastbound and westbound ramps.

HOURS: Daytime and overnight work is required between April 1st and Labour Day; a City of Ottawa Noise By-law Exemption permit is in effect.

baa3c698-61d2-42a1-a8fb-5c3c21c37716.jpg

ANTICIPATED IMPACTS

All pedestrian, cycling and vehicular access will be maintained, and directional signage will be in place. Pedestrians and cyclists should use extra caution as traffic patterns change. Moderate delays to vehicular traffic may occur at times. Motorists may wish to allow for a little extra travel time, and should adhere to traffic control signage, posted speed limits and instructions of traffic control personnel.

Overnight work will occur intermittently throughout construction.

The safety of workers and the public is paramount, and we thank you for your patience during construction.

Good Day.

Just a note that City has posted for "Stage 2 LRT Station Connectivity Enhancement Study".
https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/public-engagement/projects/stage-2-lrt-station-connectivity-enhancement-study
It describes the connectivity under contract, and proposed enhancements to those, for the 5 east stations, including a description of the Trim Rd. reconfiguration.

Stage 2 LRT Station Connectivity Enhancement Study

Stage 2 LRT Station Connectivity Enhancement Study

Overview

The Stage 2 Light Rail Transit project will extend the O-Train farther south, east, and west, bringing 77% of residents within five kilometres of rail.

Construction is underway with design efforts advancing across all three extensions. In 2020, design work for connectivity to stations will be completed.

The City of Ottawa is looking for your feedback on how you will get to Stage 2 LRT stations.

Background

Ensuring that key local pedestrian and cyclist networks are integrated with Stage 2 LRT stations is a critical element of the project.

Stage 2 stations have been designed to include the following connectivity features:

· Barrier-free path of travel to entrances of stations;

· Accessible fare gates at each entrance, providing easy access for customers using mobility devices or service animals;

· Clear, open sight lines and pedestrian design that make wayfinding simple and intuitive; and,

Building on the Stage 2 LRT Connectivity Study completed in 2017, the City of Ottawa and Alta Planning and Design are leading a review of Stage 2 station connectivity. This team will be proposing additional measures to enhance connectivity for all modes of transportation and will be rolled out in three segments:

• Confederation Line East 
  • Trillium Line
  • Confederation Line West

Stage 2 Confederation Line East Connectivity Review

Overview

The Confederation Line East extension will see LRT continue from Blair Station to Trim Road, adding 12 kilometres of rail and 5 new stations to the O-Train network at Montreal Road, Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard, Orléans Boulevard, Place d’Orléans, and Trim Road.

The Confederation Line East will travel predominantly within the median of Highway 174 between Blair Road and Trim Road, providing stations that are equi-distant from communities on either side.

The connectivity review team has assessed a wide range of connectivity facilities and are proposing the following enhancements:

Montreal Station

Montreal Station will be constructed with entrances on both sides of Montreal Road, under Highway 174.

Connectivity Summary

montreal_enhancements_map.jpg

In Project Agreement:

A. Uni-directional cycle tracks and a 2.5m wide sidewalk on both sides of Montreal Road between the on and off ramps.

B. Multi-Use Pathway connecting the south end of Rainbow Street to Montreal Road.

C. Multi-Use Pathway along the north side of Highway 174 from Blair Road, continuing along the south side of Montreal Road with a cross ride/walk at signalised westbound off-ramp/ Montreal Road intersection, and continuing east to provide a connection to the Sir George Etienne Cartier Parkway.

Proposed Enhancements

D. Install an additional segment of cycle tracks along Montreal Road from Shefford Road to the on and off ramps.

E. Provide an opening to connect the East-West Multi-Use Pathway to the corner of Shefford Road and East Acres Road.

Additional Resources

Plan view: Montréal Road Cycle Tracks and Crossings

montreal_concept_finalforengagement_upda

Jeanne d’Arc Station

Jeanne d’Arc Station will be constructed with entrances on both the east and west side of the Jeanne d’Arc Bridge. As the bridge structure has remaining lifespan, it is not being rebuilt, and therefore connectivity facilities are being designed within the existing width available.

Connectivity Summary

jeanne_darc_enhancements_map.jpg?itok=gG

In Project Agreement:

A. Remove both free flow ramps on north side and direct traffic through the signalized intersection.

B. Multi-Use Pathway leading to the bicycle parking at Jeanne d’Arc Station from Fortune Drive (east side)

C. Bicycle parking shall be located immediately north and south of the Jeanne d’Arc Bridge (10 spaces each), on the east side.

D. Provide a 2m wide sidewalk on the east and west sides of Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard on the bridge.

Proposed Enhancements

E. Modify road configuration over the bridge with narrow fenced centre median

F. Extend Multi-Use Pathway south, along east side of Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard, just past the eastbound on-ramp

Additional Resources 

Plan view of Jeanne d’Arc Station

plan_view_of_jeanne_darc.jpg

Proposed cross section of Jeanne d’Arc bridge

ja03_crosssection_finalforengagement-01.

Orléans Boulevard Station

Orléans Boulevard Station will be constructed with entrances on both the east and west side of the Orléans Boulevard Bridge. As the bridge structure has remaining lifespan, it is not being rebuilt, and therefore connectivity facilities are being designed within the existing width available.

Connectivity Overview

orleans_blvd_enhancements_map.jpg

In Project Agreement:

A. Bicycle parking shall be located in equal quantities to the north and south of the station (10 each side), immediately adjacent to the Orléans Boulevard Bridge.

B. Widen the sidewalk from Lumberman Way and Fortune Drive to 2.5m, with the exception of the sidewalks on the bridge itself.

Proposed Enhancements

C. Reconfiguration of the Orléans Boulevard Bridge: Removal of 1 lane of traffic in each direction, Passenger Pick-up and Drop-off spaces, bus bays for buses stopped at the station, Multi-Use Pathway along east side, and uni-directional cycle track along west side.

D. Extend cycle tracks along Orléans Blvd. from Lumberman to Fortune

Additional Resources

Orléans Boulevard Bridge Reconfiguration

concept_plan_of_orleans_boulevard_statio

Place d'Orléans Station

Place d’Orléans Station will be constructed by utilizing existing transit infrastructure, with four entrances available from the following locations:

• At the pedestrian bridge towards the train platform
  • At the pedestrian bridge towards the bus platform
  • At the Place d’Orléans Shopping Centre parking lot
  • From the Champlain Street Bridge

The Champlain Bridge structure is not being rebuilt as it has remaining lifespan. Improved connectivity facilities are being designed within existing width available.

Connectivity Overview

place_dorleans_enhancements_map.jpg

In Project Agreement:

A. New fare-paid pedestrian bridge from bus loop to station, permitting the existing pedestrian bridge to remain open for non-transit users.

B. Add a crossride at Champlain Street (north side) of Place d’Orléans and widen existing pathway between Alpine Street and Champlain

C. Formalize existing footpath between park and ride lot and Bilberry Drive to a standard Multi-Use Pathway

D. Provide a continuous Multi-Use Pathway along the south side of Highway 174, from the north end of St. Pierre Street, east to Champlain Street, connecting to Place d’Orléans Drive, and south to Centrum Boulevard

Proposed Enhancements

E. Upgrade Willow-Borland path to a multi-use path

F. Reconfigure Champlain Bridge to increase pedestrian and cycling safety and comfort

Additional Resources

Champlain Highway 174 Bridge Reconfiguration

concept_plan_of_place_dorleans_station_s

Proposed cross-section of Champlain Street bridge over OR-174, looking north.

champlain_bridge_cross_section_finalfore

Trim Station

Trim Station will be built within the centre median of Highway 174, requiring the realignment of Trim Road further east of the station, from Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard, to the roundabout south of the park and ride lot. The station will be built to permit the possibility of a future Highway Interchange in the original location of Trim Road, as a separate project. Station design will also protect for a future pedestrian bridge connecting to the north side of Highway 174, as a separate project.

Connectivity Overview

trim_enhancements_map.jpg

In Project Agreement:

A. A fare-paid pedestrian bridge from bus loop and park and ride lot on the south side of Highway 174, to Trim Station within the centre median.

B. Cross ride/walks on east and north legs of Trim Road/ OR 174 intersection

C. 3m wide sidewalk along north side of park and ride lot

D. A Multi-Use Pathway along the east side of the realigned Trim Road

E. Retention of Multi-Use Pathway connections to Cardinal Creek community

Proposed Enhancements

F. Upgrade sidewalk on north side of park and ride to a Multi-Use Pathway and extend to new realigned Trim Road

G. Add Multi-Use Pathway on west side of new realigned Trim Road

Let us know what you think! 

If you have comments or questions related to Stage 2 Confederation Line East connectivity, please email Stage2@ottawa.ca by Friday April 24, 2020.

All feedback will be captured in an “As We Heard It” report and published to Ottawa.ca/stage2.

Thank you for your participation!

https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/public-engagement/projects/stage-2-lrt-station-connectivity-enhancement-study

Construction Notice: East Extension
Excavation Works along Highway 174 at Champlain Street
April 2020

This notice is to advise that, as part of the Stage 2 O-Train Light Rail Transit (LRT) project, crews and equipment will be working along Highway 174 at Champlain Street to complete drainage, utility work and roadworks. Moderate to high noise levels are anticipated.

WHAT: Significant rock excavation, placement of drainage pipelines, and manhole installation will take place. Temporary concrete barriers will be installed along this section of Highway 174 prior to the beginning of work, to create a safe work zone. The Highway 174 westbound on-ramp, at Champlain Street, will be realigned in order to move the traffic further away from the work zone.

WHY: Crews will be excavating rock at a depth of several metres along the highway to accommodate pipe and manhole installation. This preparatory work is required prior to beginning construction on the future Place d’Orleans LRT Station. Crews will be working during day and overnight, in order to maintain the project schedule.

WHERE: Along Highway 174, east and west of Champlain Street.

WHEN: Late April 2020 through July 2020, Monday to Friday, and occasionally on weekends.

HOURS: Daytime and overnight work is required between late April and July 2020; a City of Ottawa Noise By-law Exemption Permit is in effect.

8b6384b9-1db2-450c-a00f-658d06590985.jpg

ANTICIPATED IMPACTS

All pedestrian, cycling and vehicular access will be maintained. Temporary concrete barriers will be in place to create a safe work zone, away from road users. Pedestrians and cyclists should use extra caution. Motorists may wish to allow for a little extra travel time, and should adhere to traffic control signage, posted speed limits and instructions of traffic control personnel.

Overnight work will occur Monday to Friday and occasionally on weekends under a Noise By-Law Exemption Permit. Noise levels are expected to be lower than 85dba. Noise levels will be monitored, and in an effort to mitigate, additional plywood sheets will be installed on top of jersey barriers to provide temporary sound attenuation.

The safety of workers and the public is paramount, and we thank you for your patience during construction.

On the southwest side of the highway trench, there is fencing, jersey barriers and excavation or "displaced soil" at Champlain. Things are quickly starting to ramp up all over the eastern alignment. Trim still seems to be relatively untouched.

jeanne.png.039ff07c6042f22716d874df4e9bcf27.png

Construction Notice: Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard Highway 174 On-Ramp Modifications

This notice is to advise that, as part of the Stage 2 O-Train Light Rail Transit (LRT) project, crews and equipment will be working on modifying the access to Jeanne d’Arc on-ramps at Highway 174, in order to create safer connectivity across the Jeanne d’Arc bridge. In tandem, there will be on-going electrical and utility work required prior to the construction of the new Jeanne d’Arc LRT station.

WHAT: The Jeanne d’Arc Blvd works involving the westbound ramps to the Highway 174 and the existing intersection north of Highway 174 will include modifications to remove the existing Jeanne d’Arc southbound to Highway 174 westbound on-ramp and replacing it with a new ramp that shares the existing bus only ramp. Future modifications will include a new squared off configuration for the Jeanne d’Arc northbound to Highway 174 westbound on-ramp.

• Construct a portion of the final intersection configuration including pedestrian crossings and leave the existing northbound Jeanne d’Arc to Highway 174 westbound on-ramp as is for the time being.
• Construct the new pedestrian facilities on the east and west side of the intersection.
• Construct new right turn lane for southbound Jeanne d’Arc to Highway 174 westbound on-ramp traffic
• Repurpose the existing bus-only access to Highway 174 westbound, to enable accessibility to all traffic.
• Remove the existing Jeanne d’Arc southbound to Highway 174 westbound on-ramp and restore it to a landscaped area once the works have been completed.

Future modifications are required and will move forward once the Jeanne d’Arc LRT station is operational.

WHY: Realigning westbound on-ramps access to signalized intersections will create safer connectivity for all road users including motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians.

WHERE: Jeanne d’Arc at Highway 174

WHEN: First week of June to September 2020

HOURS: Hours of operations vary and are as follows:

• Daytime construction will occur Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 5:30pm for works outside the existing roadway including excavation, utilities, grading, and paving.
• Overnight work requiring some intermittent nightly lane closures from 7:00pm to 5:00am, and Highway 174 westbound on and off ramp closures from 10:00pm to 5:00am.
• Weekend overnight work might occur intermittently between 11:00pm Friday to 5:00am Monday.

ANTICIPATED IMPACTS

All pedestrian, cycling, bus, and vehicular movements will be maintained during construction apart from the nightly highway ramp closures. Localized pedestrian detours and temporary bus stop relocations during the nightly closures and the weekend ramp closures are required. Temporary concrete barriers and/or traffic control devices will be in place to ensure safe passage for vehicles, buses, cyclists, and pedestrians in and around active work zones. Pedestrians and cyclists should use extra caution when localized detours are in place.

Motorists may wish to allow for some extra travel time, and should adhere to orange traffic control signage, posted speed limits, and instructions of traffic control personnel or paid duty officers when in use.

A City of Ottawa Noise By-law Exemption Permit is required for the overnight work identified above.

trim0.png.e30d93d144cc8717a4c9561f4ac771e0.png

Construction Notice: Trim Park and Ride Utility and New Parking Lot Works

This notice is to advise that, as part of the Stage 2 O-Train Light Rail Transit (LRT) project, crews and equipment will begin work at the Trim Road Park and Ride lot to conduct utility and road work. The final configuration of the Trim Road LRT Station requires that sections of the parking lot are relocated. Later on in the project, Trim Road will be re-aligned to the east of the existing parking lot.

WHAT: The final configuration of the LRT station and Park and Ride will require permanent relocation of some parking spaces. Construction of two new parking lots to the east and south of the existing lot have begun with topsoil stripping and soil excavation. Drainage and street lighting installations will follow. Granular will then be placed, followed by the installation of a new storm sewer. Asphalt paving will complete the new parking lots.

In tandem, a new underground storm drainage line will be constructed through the existing parking lot in 6 phases of work, in order to keep the majority of the parking spaces available for Park and Ride transit users. This new infrastructure will permit proper drainage from the new parking lot to the south. Once each phase of this drainage work is complete, impacted parking spaces will be reinstated.

WHY: This work is required in order to create the future Trim Road LRT Station and Park and Ride lot configuration.

WHERE: Trim Road OC Transpo Park and Ride, north of Dairy Road.

WHEN: May 2020 to Summer 2020

HOURS: Daytime construction hours will be 7:00am to 6:00pm. Intermittent overnight construction hours will also be required from 6:00pm to 6:00am, with a valid Noise By-Law Exemption Permit.

trim1.thumb.jpg.22121b046a5346cc12ae9063dfcb4cea.jpg

trim2.thumb.jpg.d68c575311255a4c320df44977f34ca8.jpg

ANTICIPATED IMPACTS

Storm drainage work will close small sections of the existing Park and Ride lot in 6 different phases; sections will re-open prior to closing the next. Please note, a small portion of phase 1 parking spaces will be permanently closed throughout the work.

A small section of vehicular lanes will be reduced on Dairy Drive and South Frontage for construction site access during off-peak hours. Traffic control signage will be installed for pedestrians and motorists. A minor bus detour will be in place during nighttime construction with flag persons present during the daytime for traffic management. The multi-use pathway (MUP) will be delineated with temporary construction barriers, and all access to the MUP will be maintained.

Majority of the work will be done during daytime hours; however, crews will require some overnight shifts to complete the work.

Posted (edited)

A new version of GeoOttawa has been released, which includes an updated, more detailed, version of the "Rail Implementation Office" layer.

https://maps.ottawa.ca/geoOttawaBeta/

Notable changes to the track geometry:

• Tracks under the Byron Strip come together in the tunnel and spread apart for the centre platform stations, as opposed to previous version where they stayed apart throughout the Byron alignment;
  • The open trench of Cleary and New Orchard stations are much longer (200 meters and 175 meters respectively)*, which increases the impact on the park significantly;
  • New Lincoln Fields configuration, with one side platform and one centre platform;
  • Moodie platforms are offset;
  • Modified configuration of Moodie Yard tracks. 

*My interpretation based on the graphic. 

Other notes

• Significant storage capacity at Baseline (6 to 8 double trains based on track length);
  • Queensview now has side platforms, which is not a change from the previous version, but a change from February 2018 renderings;

See O-Train Fans map for previous version. 

https://www.otrainfans.ca/system-map

Edited by J.OT13
  • Like 1