OC Transpo/STO Fan

New Nova LFS deliveries

A bunch of new Novas have been at Greyhound Garage, some of which have now moved to St. Laurent for delivery.

4601-4682 have all been active for a few months now.

As of now, these following buses have arrived:

4683, 4684, 4685, 4687, 4689, 4690, 4691, 4692, 4693, 4694, 4695, 4696, 4697, 4698, 4699, 4700, 4701, 4702, 4703, 4705, 4706, 4712, 4714, 4715, 4716

Yes there will be 20 Nova LFS buses that will be dedicated to R1 service. They will be idle and staged at the baseball stadium on Coventry until they are called for service.

I didn't hear anything about decals though.

11 hours ago, Shane said:

Yes there will be 20 Nova LFS buses that will be dedicated to R1 service. They will be idle and staged at the baseball stadium on Coventry until they are called for service.

I didn't hear anything about decals though.

Those 20 buses will have exterior advertisements promoting the R1 service as well as two huge stickers (one above the POP sticker at the rear door and one right above the Transecure sticker by the front door).

4704 is being dedicated to R1. 4716 is just a regular in-service bus.

Edited by OC Transpo/STO Fan

Meant 4705, whoops.

@Shane, what do you think of the situation? Do you think OC should have repurposed 20 of the ex-retired Inveros as R1 buses or should they use a portion of their new LFS order to serve that route?

Personally, I am actually happy as that's 20 less LFSs in service. I just don't like them that much. It's also good for OC because they have brand new buses (that should be more reliable than old worn down Inveros) instead of using buses that are more likely to break down.

The following buses are for R1 service:

4683-4706 (except for 4686, 4688, 4704), 4712, 4714, 4715

4716-4773 will be in service as usual.

Edited by OC Transpo/STO Fan
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-02 at 11:01 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

The following buses are for R1 service:

4683-4706 (except for 4686, 4688, 4704), 4712, 4714, 4715

4716-4773 will be in service as usual.

So it seems the "second batch" of LFS for R1? Are those the ones with more seat padding or thats even further down the line?

18 hours ago, DavidBellerive said:

So it seems the "second batch" of LFS for R1? Are those the ones with more seat padding or thats even further down the line?

Yes, although only some. The delivery of these buses is quicker than usual because they need buses for R1 ASAP (they're being housed at a baseball stadium where they are literally idling until they're needed, officially went into R1 replacement service on Dec. 2) and because they need more buses in regular service. As for the buses assigned to R1, that will only be a temporary measure (until the LRT issues get sorted out) from what I'm hearing. They'll likely go into regular service eventually when the dedicated fleet for this service is no longer needed.

I'm not sure if the seats are padded in this batch. I have not been on one yet so I cannot confirm.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-04 at 4:44 AM, DavidBellerive said:

It's been confirmed that the new batch has the same exact seats as the first batch. The padding remains almost non-existent.

19 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

It's been confirmed that the new batch has the same exact seats as the first batch. The padding remains almost non-existent.

Thanks for the update. Personally I don't have much issue with the lack of padding, but can see why some might find it annoying.

Edited by DavidBellerive