DavidBellerive

Confederation Line - Train Tests Spotting

59 minutes ago, DavidBellerive said:

On a more related note, seeing more and more vehicles opening doors at stations, which is probably part of the tests for the new parts?

I think they've been doing this ever since it was first revealed that doors were a major problem, at least from what I've been seeing.

For a while they wanted the doors in auto until a month or so ago when they decided they wanted them in manual, and opened manually at underground stations. It's just a push of a button to switch modes. Compliance is fairly sporadic.

• Like 1

Hi @Corvulpes. For the door operation mode, are you referring to just the testing phases or the actual revenue service in which they decided to go manual for the doors?

For actual customer service, automatic in the downtown tunnel makes the most sense, regardless of passenger load. Beyond the tunnel, depending on passenger load and weather, its ok to be manual, although at the terminus stations for easier flow, automatic initially and then manual as passengers leave to allow some doors to close as people go.

As far as I know they want the doors in manual in revenue, with operators manually opening the underground stations (STL and downtown). They've actually changed their minds again and decided they want doors back in auto for now. 

I'm not sure what the procedure will be at end stations, but most likely manual mode for simplicity and given that there is a long dwell time. In some cases if you open then close the doors, they will no longer be enabled. Also I think if you switch from auto to manual they will stay open anyway. 

Saw two coupled LRVs departing from Bayview around 1pm in both directions. Too far to get a picture (being honest I didn’t really try) or to see the fleet numbers (being honest again I was too far to see). 

Still good to see after the CBC News this morning. Was only around for 2 minutes and they were the only trains to go by so good odds so far 🙂

Edit: here’s a photo taken from the Delta downtown. Still seeing only coupled LRVs. 

3448D32A-8E6D-4C24-A75A-DC7943C2871E.thumb.jpeg.23247285a96cec4af1874cdac8f0df4e.jpeg

The Mayor tweeted today that 15 coupled LRVs are now running on the Confederation Line. The picture was taken at Cyrville Station, looking westbound towards St-Laurent Station.