Clicky

Shane

O-Train - Daily Observations and Spottings

This is the place to share observations and sightings that you see on the Confederation Line, Trillium Line and O-Train in general.

From a different way than usual for train operations, to new equipment installed, out of the ordinary happenings, testing on the line, or photos you snap during the day, share them here.

Well, this is at least 5 years old, but there is this wonderful stitching error on some of Google Maps' satellite imagery:.

40475578_498277293971806_10455973328060416_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=b21aef355ea1097edb60707a2f7af7a9&oe=5C336B92

Cool find. The FLIRTs will still be longer, despite Google's best attempts.

• Like 1

If anyone has been out this weekend, any spottings of the trains along the line?

Great video Reece. Thank you for putting it together and sharing.

The City of Ottawa released a Confederation Line update memo today.

You can consult it here: https://www.otrainfans.ca/blogs/o-train-confederation-line-project-update-october-2-2018

Important notes from the memo are as follows:

• Major milestone reached on September 11, 2018 when a train completed the first end-to-end run by traveling between Tunney's Pasture to Blair Station.
  • Train movement and testing has begun in the downtown tunnel.
  • Automatic Train Operation is operating and in use on the eastern track. Expanding to the western tracks and tunnel sections soon.
  • The city continues to monitor and track the project but there is currently no change from the update provided at FEDCO on September 10, 2018. As a result, no update to the Revenue Service Availability Date at this time.

From my window I spotted this down near Pimisi station.. any idea what they are up to? Looks like a giant drill.

IMG_20181026_095944.thumb.jpg.a6e60ab265251dd699a414d7e7587c39.jpg

Hello @WRXRated. Welcome to the forums.

I can't really tell what is going on. I do know they are finishing the landscaping around the station and doing work on both tunnel portal sites, so perhaps it is related but it does seem a bit of a distance from the actual track and station. Really don't know.

I haven't been able to go by up close to Pimisi lately so if you have any further pictures that are closer we may be able to speculate a bit further.

The past couple weekends I have seen maintenance (?) crews walking the line inbetween Hurdman and Lees, surprised how little train testing I have actually seen recently to be honest. Will be going through Hurdman tomorrow around noon, interested to see if there will be any testing or not.

-Charie